Preservation of Photographs and Photograph Collections
Oxford Duplication offer specialist archival and heritage photograph scanning to include, photograph albums and scrapbooks. Our goal is to support our clients with their specific requirements in preparing artwork for publication and to Getty specifications.
- Wearing non-scratching, microfiber or nitrile gloves
- Clean efficient work surfaces
- Careful handling of photographs
- Fireproof safe for all orders
- Acid free paper envelopes where required
- Original art—black-and-white or color prints, slides, transparencies.
- Capture in RAW (16 bit) or TIFF (not JPEG) in RGB mode
- 300 to 400 dpi or greater for grayscale/color within 10% of the desired publication size
Preservation of photographic material
Archival Digital Output
Our highly skilled technicians understand the fragile and delicate nature of this medium, and using a white glove approach we are highly skilled in digitising your projects. Digitisation is important for valuation archives to protect the media from age related damage, enabling high quality TIFF archival files and ease of management JPEG files to be made accessbile on all platforms.
Our offices use a range of specialist equipment and archive suite software to digitise all formats of documents, to include Bookeye overhead scanners, bespoke archival scanners and capture facilities to enable a seamless high quality digital output to suit your requirements. Please contact email@example.com or call 01865 457000.
|HERITAGE AND ARCHIVAL PHOTOGRAPH SCANNING
We offer high recommended photograph scanning services
adhering to the National Archive Regulations
All media is converted to HQTIFF files with an option for JPEG
if required. Each photograph is gently cleaned, scanned and using
our Archival Suite for toning and sharpening.
|UPTO A3 IMAGE||TIFF||600||4.00||2.00||1.50||1.00||0.90||0.80||0.70||0.60|
|UPTO A3 IMAGE||JPEG||600||2.00||1.00||0.75||0.50||0.45||0.40||0.35||0.30|